Wednesday, June 18, 2008

June 16, 2008 - Monday

Tired Legs – but ran anyway

06:30 PM – Ran for 4 miles (40 minutes) and Hiked 1.3 miles (26 minutes)

Sleep: 7.5 Pulse: 42 Weight: 179.5

I tipped the scales this morning at 179.5, which is the first time in about a year I’ve been below 180. That makes me losing 9 lbs so far with 16 more to go to meet my 25 lb goal. I’ve been at this about 5 weeks, so I feel pretty good about it and plan to keep going. I think to lowest I’ve been in quite some time is 178, so I’m looking forward to that 176.5 mark.


June 15, 2008 - Sunday


Homeward Bound #1

06:30 PM – Road Cycled for 31.75 miles (2 hr: 21 minutes)
Today’s Total: Road Cycled for 31.75 miles (2 hr: 21 minutes)

Had a pretty good day at Mom Grassle’s today. She’s been a stoic lady knowing this is the one year anniversary of Dad’s passing. We cooked out and watched a video of him from 10 years ago. Eric didn’t come ‘cause he was sick. We went out to play some cornhole, but Kelly’s tire was flat (nail), so we spent over an hour trying to get the spare down from the under-carriage rack, but it was STUCK. After a neighbor and me finally un-jammed it, we finally got it change. The stupid tire did come down on my head killing my glasses. No cornhole.

I rode about 7 miles with Doreen and Beth on the bike path toward Springfield (nice path) then took off toward home (24 miles) into a 10 mph headwind (bummer). It made me work though, which I need to get my legs stronger. I was really tired at the end, plus the fact I’m losing the weight. All in all, it was a pretty good day.



June 14, 2008 - Saturday

Ridin’ with Marc...

10:30 AM – Hiking 4 miles (1 hr: 25 min or 85 minutes)
04:30 PM – Road Cycled 35.75 (2 hr: 20 min or 140 minutes)
Today’s Total: Hike 4 mile and Cycled 25.75 miles (3 hr: 45 minutes or 225 minutes)

Marc stopped by about an hour before I was planning to go and do about 40 today. He’s borrowed a bike from his boss and is planning to ride a MS-150 weekend ride. I helped him change out his tire tubes and gave some tricks of the trade. He asked me about riding and I agreed to go out and do 15-20 with him then finish up the rest on my own.

We started from home and got on the bike path and did the normal path to Ross/Canal Road, but instead of going all the way to Tipp, we turned left on ---, headed back to Hyde and worked our way back to the path. I warned Marc of the downhill, which I have named Adam’s Hill due to infamous crash there, and he did with caution. I could tell he enjoyed it. The pace was comfortable ending in about 15 mph.

As Marc turned to home at the Rip Rapp parking lot, I continued to Dayton and stayed on the newer section of the path. It’s nice, but as usual, the path ended abruptly at a construction area. So I had to wiggle my way on side streets to Dixie, Keowee, and Webster Streets to the path again. I jumped on it and made my way to Eastwood Park then home via Quail Hollow. That was a climber through there. I was definitely tired at the end of the day. Doreen and I cooked some steak out and enjoyed an outdoor fire with some Bailey’s Cream and guitar. Smooth.

No comments: