Sunday, June 22, 2008

Detours Suck!


No "triple" Today

June 21, 2008 Saturday

11:45 AM – Road Biked 30 miles (1 hr 53 min; 113 minutes) and Ran 2.1 miles (20 minutes)

Total: 32 miles (2 hr 13 minutes; 133 minutes)

My goal was to pull a “triple” today, but had to settle for double. What’s a triple? It’s when I go out and accomplish three aerobic events (can’t count lifting weights) back to back. Anyway, my goal was to pull off a run – cycle – kayak. I got through the run and cycle, but ditched the kayak ‘cause I was wasted at the end of the cycle. I think the mountain bike and lack of hydrating from yesterday evening hurt me a little. It could be that I only got 4 hours sleep last night too. I still feel good about what I accomplished today, but I hate not accomplishing what I set out to do. But I’ll give myself an “A” in the common sense category. Today’s stats – ran 20 minutes and cycled 30 miles…ditched the kayak.

On a final note, I WILL NOT be cycling on the Dayton portion of the bike path for awhile to come. There are so many detours around the bridge work going on down there, it’s ridiculous. I understand progress, but why do they need to close the path down in THREE locations? I’m done whining.

Sleep: 4

No comments: