Saturday, June 21, 2008

Headin' Into the Weekend


Single on the Singletrack…

Friday, June 20, 2008

08:00 PM – Mountain Biked 10 miles (58 minutes) and Ran 2.1 miles (20 minutes)

After a fairly normal work week (2 rather long days) I was able to bolt out of there on a Friday at 4:30 PM and head home. Doreen took off to Columbus with Linda to spend the evening with Bethany doin’ girl things and leaving me single for the night. I kicked back a few hours before loading up the mountain bike and heading to Huffman Trails. Hitting the trails at about 8 PM made for a little cooler evening. I did 10 miles on the various trails, but hit “Hawk’s Lair” for the first time, which is rather knobby (rocks) in the beginning portions and a good variety of turns, dips, bridges, and switchbacks. It’s challenging in terms of keeping and kind of speed, but good for technique. I had to stay in lower chain ring for most of the ride to keep a good balanced spin. I blew a couple spots when there was a tight turn and a quick up with rocks and roots. I hate it when I don’t anticipate correctly and have to pull out the foot out, sometimes even dismounting ‘cause I lost momentum. I found myself getting the shoe back in the clip while moving on the trail several times, which is not always an easy task.


After finishing up, I pulled the running shoes on and ran 2-miles completing a “brick” for the first time this year. It was a good start to the weekend; something I tend to look forward to now since it’s tough to get consistent workouts in every day of the week.

Sleep: 7.5

No comments: