Sunday, July 16, 2006

Cycled 54 miles - Thanks Dave

July 15, 2006 (Saturday)

Outdoor Adventure & Training: Friend Dave asked me to join he and a group of 5 other riders (including his son Eric) for a 54 mile road bike ride from Young's Dairy in Yellow Springs to Corwin (south of Xenia). Great ride, which was entirely on Miami Scenic bike path. Kept my cadence about 110 for most of the trip and avoided killing it. Pace was normally around 17 mph with some pushes of 19-20 once in awhile. More rest stops than I'm used to, but I enjoyed the non-competitive feel of the ride and just relaxed and enjoyed the breaks, which included a free pasta stop at about mile 33. Today's miles actually let me cover 8 more miles of the Buckeye Trail, which veered off east when we passed Spring Valley. If you're reading this, thanks for the invite Dave. (bc)

July 14, 2006 (Friday)

Activity: Relaxed a little 'cause I know tomorrow (Saturday) is going to be a long "hot" ride (50+ miles). Doreen and I hiked 2 miles on the Charleston Falls trail. Always nice to go there. We hung out some at Cedar Pond. Water fall was pretty quiet today. You can tell the summer flow has been effected by typical July heat.

No comments: