Thursday, July 06, 2006

Clifton Gorge Hike & Rip Rap Rd

July 5, 2006 (Wednesday)

Training & Adventure: Doreen and I took 2nd day in row hike. We went to Clifton Gorge and did the loop I've probably run a million times, but you can never get tired of seeing C. Gorge! We noted that doing trail hikes with rocks, roots, and things to look at can sure slow down the pace. We covered 4.8 miles in 2 hours 8 min. for a 2.2 mph pace. It was a great day and much cooler (70's) today. This hike was not part of the Buckeye Trail.

July 4, 2006 (Tuesday)

Training & Adventure: Doreen and I took another long(er) hike today. She's trying to help me stay on the Buckeye Trail, so we started at Rip Rap Road parking lot and headed south until the bike path ended (near Needmore Rd). We hiked 5 miles today, but only 2.25 of those miles extended my mileage on the B.T. We kept a good 3.o mph pace today and did the hike in 1 hour 35 min.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Watch out...the old fart is on the loose again!!! Haha, good for you Dad! You know, when I think about you I think of all the cool stuff you like to do outside and how much you put that adventure spirit and love for being outdoors in Lindsay and me. I'm glad you are getting back into your element; it makes up such a big part of who you are.

Bob said...

Ahhh - Thanks Boo Boo. When you come home this weekend, I'm going to see if you want to hike a portion of the Buckeye Trail with me.

daddio